Home  About  Sites  Maps  Advice Further North

Delamore

Location

Korsfjorden

Position

60 07.992N 05 01.485E

Depth

16-22m

Chart

19

She was a 280brt steam trawler built in Selby, Yorkshire in 1913 and originally named Lord Landsdowne. She measured 40x7x4m and had a triple expansion engine. She was eventually renamed Delamore in 1932 and was bought by a Bergen company in 1937. A few days after being requisitioned by the Germans in April 1940 she hit the Ivarsfluen, capsized and sank, while carrying supplies for the German garrison at the Marstein light.

The wreck lies in 16-22m, close to the Siggen. The Delamore is well broken, and small plates litter the seabed. The boiler, condenser, trawl winch, and anchor parts can all be seen.