The Begonia was a 1591gt Estonian vessel on a voyage from Blyth to Copenhagen. The convoy she was in was seeking shelter from repeated German air attacks when it was attacked yet again, in April 1940. The Begonia was eventually scuttled by the Norwegian military authorities to prevent further attacks on the nearby village of Flåm.
The wreck today lies upright with the stern in 35m and the top of the bow in 10m, on a slightly silty seabed. Ashore there is the spare propeller and a plaque commemorating the sinking. The scenery in this area is outstanding.